Recipe by Jazmine
Butternut Squash Soup
Delicious and very easy to make. You can use 3 to 4 cups of vegatable broth instead of water.
• 6 tablespoons chopped onion
• 4 tablespoons olive oil
• 6 cups peeled and cubed butternut squash
• 3 cups water or broth
• 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
• 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
• 1/8 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
• 2 cups coconut milk
Ready in about 1 hour
• In a large saucepan, saute onions in margarine until tender. Add squash, water, bouillon, marjoram, black pepper and cayenne pepper. Bring to boil; cook 20 minutes, or until squash is tender.
• Puree squash and cream cheese in a blender or food processor in batches until smooth. Return to saucepan, and heat through. Do not allow to boil.
If you try this recipe and improve it, let me know – email me below!